Tuesday 26 February 2013

Mars Bar cookies!

Hi All, 

So i was chilling at home on my day off and wanted to bake something...
I was rooting round in the cupboards to see what we have and i came across several packs of MarsBars... I am a novice baker, and cookies are easy for anyone so this is what i decided on: MarsBar cookies.
They were DELICIOUS!!! :-D So i thought id share them with you guys...

I am not going to lie - I am not a whizz enough to just sling together a cookie recipe, Google helped me out... 

I used:  

  • 125g butter
  • 110g caster sugar
  • 90g brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 260g selfraising flour
  • 176g MarsBar/choc chips (2 Mars Bars & the rest choc chips)



What I did: 

  1. Beat together the sugar & butter until creamed (hopefully you have something to do that for you, because my arm was aching like anything!) 
  2. Put the egg & vanilla extract into a separate cup & just quickly mix them together.
  3. Gradually add the egg/vanilla combo to the creamed sugar/butter - mixing well until combined between each addition. 
  4. Sift the flour into the mix and add the choc chips & the 2 MarsBars (make sure you either chop up or break the bars into small bits) combine it all together.
  5. Take a tablespoon of mixture and roll it into a ball in your hands, pop it on the baking tray and press it down slightly, leave roughly 5cm between each cookie because they spread as they cook. I did them in batches of 5 cookies at a time... 
  6. Bake at 180 degrees for 10-15mins - the cookies should be a nice golden brown colour. 
  7. Once out the oven, leave the cookies a minute for the middle to set and then put them on a wire wrack to completely cool.
  8. Repeat steps 5 6 & 7 until you have used up all the mixture (between each set being cooked i just left the mix in the bowl with a clean towel over it)
I may have left mine in the oven a tad too long :-/ but in the middle they were lovely and soft, with the caramel and nougat from the MarsBar making them nice and chewy in places!

Enjoy! :) 


Until next time... 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment